Here is a brief overview of Bikes on Board rules for Local Bus and Rail Systems: SEPTA Weekend Bike Rules -
SEPTA Weekend Bike Rules -
- Bikes Racks on All Buses
- Regional Rail - 5 bikes per space permitting.
- No Bikes on Trolley Lines
- Market Frankford El, Rt 100 and Broad St Subway Bikes allowed 2 bikes per car Best Bets
- RiverLINE - Hanging Bike Racks on All Trains (6 bikes per train) Best Bet
- Atlantic City Line/NE Corridor Line - 2 bikes per car.
- Bike Racks on Buses
- Bikes Allowed in Baggage Compartment on Motorcoach Buses
- Bikes Allowed On All Trains Lindenwold, Woodcrest, Broadway, 8th and Market and 15-16th Locust have Elevator Access to Trains Best Bet
Best Bets are services that offer the most hassle free bike on transit experience.
Be aware that space for bicycles on trains is limited and others may have the same idea as you. Leave as early as possible.
For more information about taking your bike on the bus or train go the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia bikes on transit page.
Find a bus or train route near you - http://phillymap.comContact Us
We can answer your questions about taking your bike on transit, please contact John Boyle, the Bicycle Coalition Advocacy Director, at email@example.com or (267) 253-7958.